Monday 7 March 2016

GW customer service - A tale of Two Emails

Here is where I'll see the difference in terms of GW as a modelling company vs as a games company. 

I had a slight problem with the genestealer character sprue in Deathwatch Overkill. 



Obviously the sprue got twisted  a little removing it from the mould, and then the Familiars claws caught on something and got torn off. There is a trace of a tiny bubble in one of the claws, but unless they get dozens of emails like this I don't think it is mould damage. 

I don't have the sculpting ability to make awesome tiny claws, and I have paid £100 for this, so I have emailed GW with pictures asking for a new genestealer familiar body. 

However, reading the Telepathy rules I spotted what everyone else has spotted for the last two years, and what is made really obvious with the Genestealer Patriach having Ballistic Skill 0. Psychic Shriek doesn't match up to the rules for Witchfire powers, as it has no weapons profile. 

So I have emailed GW customer services asking how Psychic Shriek is meant to work, if the Patriach can use it, and if so how. Or whether Psychic Shriek should just be a malediction like every other offensive spell in the Telepathy discipline. Which would completely solve the whole issue for Psychic Shriek and Psychic Overload. 

I fully expect GW to make good on the miniature issue. 

I also fully expect some sort of vague answer to a rules question people have been asking since 7th edition was published even though I gave GW an easy out in the question. 

I hope I'm wrong, because if I'm right it just underlines the difference in approach to producing high quality miniatures, but not supporting them with rules of the same quality.

Similarly Age of Sigmar is a living online rulebook. The strength of those is that you can get customer feedback and improve the rules. But Age of Sigmar has not been updated since it was first published. Even just to cover measuring from models/bases or clear up summoning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment